EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS- 2009-2011
Y.Bhg.Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Yahya Ibrahim
2 Jalan BU 10/4 Bandar Utama, 47800 P.J.
2. Vice. President
Dr Shaari Isa
E 7-9 Puncak Prima Condom, No 1 Jalan Sri Hartamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Mr David Thong
21 Lorong Aminuddin Baki Satu,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 K.L.
4. Asst Secretary
Tuan Haji Othman Dahalan
2921 Jalan Enam, Kamansah Heights,
68000 Ampang, Selangor 03-41083103
Tuan Hj Md Kamaruddin Ibrahim
No 4 SS 1/23 B- Kg Tunku,
47300 Petaling Jaya
6. Tuan Hj Abdul Aziz Sultan
29 Jalan Belangkas Dua,
KG Pandan, 55100 KL
7. Encik Ahmad b Mohd Taib
BH 26 Elltis Teja, VALENCI,
47000 Sg Buluh, Selangor
8. Y.Bhg Dato’ Hj Baharuddin Marji
16 Lorong Utara, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
9. Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Dato’ G.Vadiveloo
12 Lorong Siputeh, 58000 Kuala Lumpur
10 Y.Bhg.Dato’ Dr Leslie Foo See Jork
A 3412 Lorong Alor Akar 40, 25250 Kuantan, Pahang
11. Tuan Hj Zainal Abidin Hj Abd Manaf
1018 Lorong Gunung Rapat 2, 31350 Ipoh,Perak
12 Tuan Hj Abd Aziz b Abd Hadi
134 Cabang Tiga, 22000 Jerteh, Trengganu
13 Y.Bhg.Dato’ Nik Ishak Nik Daud
4308-B Jln Kebun Chamerland 8/27, 15350 Kota Bharu,
14. Mr Satish Chand Bhandari
30 Changkat Minden,
Jalan 3, Minden Heights,
11700 Gelugor, Pulau Pinang
15. Tuan Hj Zainal Abidin b Mohamed
Anak Arshad Archtect,
148 Tmn.Wira Mergong,
05150 Alor Setar, Kedah
16. Mr Fung Mun Chin
143-2 Block G, Rampai Court,
Taman Sri Rampai Setapak,
53300 Kuala Lumpur
17. Mr Nadarajah
32 Jalan Teresek,
Bangsar Bahru, 59100 K.L.
Kirkby Alumni Objectives
The Objectives and the Background of the establishment of the Kirkby College Alumni Association, Malaysia (2008):
1. The establishment of the KCAAM is aimed at commemorating Half a Century of Educational Contributions towards the Malaysian National Aspiration (theme of the Grand Reunion Convention 2008) by the Kirkby College graduates (Kirkbyites).
2. To rekindle the spirit of the College with which the Kirkbyites had contributed to the nation for the past fifty years and are still contributing in the service of education.
3. To relive and to close the ranks of comradeship among the former students of Kirkby College made up of ten batches (1951-1962), numbering 1,500 in all. Among this quite a significant number has passed away.
4. To launch two coffee table books, one in Malay and the other in English, the former published by UPSI entitled “Warisan Maktab Kirkby 1951 – 1962” and the latter entitled “Kirkby College – A Heritage” by the Alumni. These two are important documents that contain the historical records of the development of Malaysian education, in particular, in the area of teacher education. These two books should be accorded proper recognition in school libraries, the libraries of teacher training institutes, institutes of higher learning and in public libraries locally and overseas.
5. To continue fostering the academic and professional cooperation with the University of Liverpool and the Liverpool John Moores University through the establishment of twinning programs with the Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI), to be known as the Kirkby Programs.
6. To foster teacher education consistent with the Educational Development Master Plan (EDMP) and the National Higher Education Strategic Plan (NHESP) through the smart networking between the educators together with the Institutions in Malaysia and the educators together with the Institutions overseas, in particular, the United Kingdom.
7. Collective efforts with the aim of furthering teacher education by way of fostering closer cooperation between the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Higher Studies so as to maintain the image and the dignity of teachers and the teaching profession.
8. To put together the efforts of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Higher Studies with the aim of fostering and enhancing the quality of teacher education in Malaysia and possibly later in the ASEAN region.
9. To plan towards putting Malaysia generally and the Malaysian education, in particular, into the edu-tourism world map.
10. To bring together the educational experts in annual or semi annual forums where educators the world over can meet, discuss and witness the development in the field of education and teacher education in Malaysia. This is done in conjunction with the conducted tours where the experts are taken around to see the progress of education here and then they are invited to give suggestions towards the enhancement of our teacher education.
11. To enhance the professionalism of teachers in Malaysia by exposing the local educators to the rapid progress and development in the field of teaching and learning at the international level through an educational Exposition.
12. To establish a fund called the Tabung Pelajaran Alumni Maktab Kirkby by which an annual award is presented to the most eligible local university graduate in the field of education and educational research.
13. To establish a private institute of higher education to be called Kirkby College.
14. To contribute towards the establishment of the National Educational Museum with the cooperation of the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Higher Studies and the Ministry of National Unity, Culture, Arts and Heritage (now changed) Malaysia. It is proposed that the suggested museum be located somewhere in the centre of Kuala Lumpur for easy access. For the time being, Kirkbyites are encouraged to send whatever materials they wish to contribute to the curator of Galleri Kirkby at UPSI.
15. To foster the cooperation between Malaya and England in the Kirkby project (1951 – 62) as a reference model arising from the bilateral and cross border cooperation which had been such a success in the transfer of teaching skills and enhancing of teacher education, from an advanced country (England) to a developing country (Malaya).
KIRKBY COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP FORM
FULL MEMBERSHIP / ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP ( either one )
Home Tel. No:
Mobile Tel: No:
ELIGIBLE FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
Children of Kirkbyite
Years at Kirkby
Involvement in societies
Involvement in sports
Teaching practice at:
CAREER: Teachers at (schools)
Years of service
Non teaching Career
II hereby apply to be a member or associate member of Kirkby College Alumni Associationand agree to abide all rules of the association.
Persatuan Alumni Maktab Kirkby Malaysia,
70 C Jalan SS21/35,
47400 Petaling Jaya.
I enclose herewith a cheque/Money Order No: .......................... amounting to RM100.00 for the payment of being a member of Persatuan Alumni Maktab Kirkby Malaysia.
Name: ………………………………………………. Date: …………………………………..